Department of Social Science and Development
The Department of Social Science and Development (Soc-Dev) has several academic programs in bachelor and graduate levels as shown below.
1. B.A. in Social Sciences (International program) had been started since 2012.
2. B.A. in Thai Studies had been started since 2005.
3. B.A. in ASEAN Studies is going to start in 2018.
1. M.A. in Social Science (International Program) had been started since 2012
1.1 Track of Development Studies, it is developed from M.A. in Sustainable Development which had been started since 1999
1.2 Track of Health Social Science
1.3 Track of Ethnicity and Development
1.4 Track of Women’s Studies
2. M.A. in Social Science had been started since 2012
2.1 Track of Development Studies
2.2 Track of Health Social Science, it is developed from M.A. in Health Social Science which had been started since 2005
2.3 Track of Ethnicity and Development, it is developed from M.A. in Ethnicity and Development which had been started since 2010
2.4 Track of Women’s Studies
3. M.A in Political Economy, this program is taught in weekend. It had been started since
4. M.A. in Sustainable Land Use and Natural Resource Management, it had been started since 2002
Ph.D. in Sustainable Land Use and Natural Resource Management, this program is taught in weekend. It had been started since 2007.
The research expertise
community-based resource management, agrarian transformation, Local Wisdom, tourism and development, environmental governance, ethnicity in development, Health, personal legal status and citizenship, human rights, migration transnationalism, transborder issues, refugees, Karen displacement and diaspora, media, , popular culture, , regionalization of development, local community, globalization in Mainland Southeast Asia, nationalism, socio-economic impacts of Special Economic Zones (SEZs), family welfare, social problem, social action, sexuality, gender issues, the technopolitics of resource extraction in Southeast Asia. human security issues in Southeast Asia including ASEAN’s human security policies, the Mekong River Basin
Miss. Muttika Thungsuphuti
Telephone number: +66 53 943507
Fax: +66 53 892331